Saturday, January 16, 2010

Kendra’s Orange Crumbed Baked Chicken



KENDRA’S ORANGE CRUMBLED BAKED CHICKEN


2 T orange juice (use the juice from the orange you need zest from)
2 T Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. soy sauce
3/4 c. cracker crumbs
1 T grated orange zest (about 1 orange)
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
Recipe calls for 4-3oz boneless chicken thighs, but I've always used boneless breasts.

1. In a shallow bowl, combine first 3 ingredients. On a sheet of wax paper, combine cracker crumbs, zest, onion powder, and pepper. Brush or dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with crumbs, pressing firmly on both sides.
2. Bake at 350 degrees on greased (with cooking spray) baking sheet, for 15 mins. Then turn over and bake about another 15 mins.

Haylee’s Note:
I got this recipe from my friend Kendra who got the recipe from a weight watchers cookbook. This is an excellent recipe, but you CANNOT make it thinking it will be like a Chinese restaurant orange chicken, because it isn’t like that at all! Kendra and Jeff love it because it's different, it's easy, and it's low fat. She said that the cookbook also says you can substitute w/ lemon juice and lemon zest as well.

I also made my own sauce to go with some rice using mustard, soy, orange juice, water and cornstarch! That was pretty tasty too!!

Nutrition info per serving: 179 calories, 4g fat, 1g sat. fat, 20g carbs, 16g protein

1 comment:

KYoho said...

Yay I made it on Haylees blog! I'm a celebrity now!!! Yes, we love this recipe, it is actually Jeff's favorite chicken that I make.