Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes




FRIED GREEN TOMATOES

Sliced Green Tomatoes
Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper
Italian Seasoning
Olive oil

Fry tomatoes in oil and sprinkle with seasoning.

Haylee’s Note:
I had a recipe I wanted to try for fried green tomatoes, but then Darin just wanted to make one up, and this is what he came up with. It was pretty good, but I would still like to try making them again with another recipe! I really wanted to try the kind that was breaded then deep fried! Any good recipes out there?...Oh and as a side note, I know that people say that tomatoes are technically a fruit, but I am still labeling this as a vegitable

1 comment:

Bridget said...

If you want to add a little something to this recipe to give it more of a deep-fried texture, get your self some bread crumbs (i know people make them, but they are like 99 cents or 1.50 pre-made, and those are so easy to use....) Next make up your yummy seasoned tomatoes, and then dip then in a raw egg, and roll in bread crumbs, you may want to add some more seasonings to the bread crumbs too. This will give them the crunch that i think you may be looking for with out all the oil of deep frying...

they look great! Allll your recipes look great! I am so glad you keep this thing updated