Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cranberry Pear Pork






CRANBERRY PEAR PORK

5 boneless pork chops
1 can cranberry sauce
1 can pears
1 jar grey poupon
3 gloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Heat olive oil in a large skillet.  Generously season the pork with salt and pepper.  Lightly brown both sides of pork 2-3 minutes per side in the olive oil.  In a food processor, combine the cranberry sauce, pears, grey poupon, and garlic until smooth.  Move pork (and any drippings) into a crockpot.  Pour sauce mixture over pork, and cook in crockpot, on high, for 4 hours.  Serve warm over rice.

Haylee’s Note:
This is the first meal that I’ve ever invented!  I’m curious for someone else to try it and tell me what they think.  I really liked it, but was hoping for a major WOW factor, but didn’t get it.  I served this to my parents and family, and they all seemed to like it too.  Give it a try then give me some feedback!




No comments: