Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Katie's Meatballs with BBQ Sauce





KATIE’S MEATBALLS WITH BBQ SAUCE

MEATBALLS:
1 egg slightly beaten
1 15 oz can evaporated milk
1 C quick oats
½ Tbs onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp garlic
¼ tsp pepper
Combine above ingredients and add
1 ½ lbs lean ground beef.

BBQ SAUCE:
1 C ketchup
¾ C brown sugar
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp liquid smoke
¼ tsp garlic powder
Boil sauce ingredients in a pan, simmer 2 min. Form meat into 1” balls, line up and bake uncovered in a casserole dish at 350° for 18-20 min. Pour sauce over meatballs. Bake 10-12 min longer. Serve with oven fries or tater tots.

Haylee’s Note:
Wow!  This is the best meal I think I’ve made in a LONG time!  Meatballs with homemade BBQ sauce sounded time consuming, but I was amazing at how quickly this meal whipped up!  The kids, the spouse, and I all LOVED this meal!  On a scale of 1-10, it gets an 11!  Katie said this meal was “Yummo!”  I would have to agree!  Major YUMMO!!  Thanks Katie!! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm so glad you liked the recipe and very honored to be one of the winners! :) our life has just gotten really crazy right now and we will actually be leaving utah for a few months for brad's work so i'm not sure if i should have you send me the prize? i wouldn't want it to go to waste. let me know. :)