Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bridget’s Easy Mexican Skillet



BRIDGET'S EASY MEXICAN SKILLET 

1 lb sausage (whatever kind you like or even ground beef can be used but be sure to season it!)
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 1/2 C uncooked macaroni ( or whatever kind of pasta you have...I use shells a lot too)
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp chilli powder
1 can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce

Brown the meat and drain, add onion and green pepper and sauté about 5 min. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and let simmer until noodles are cooked ( about 15 min). Serve with sour cream and Chips and salsa. 

Haylee’s Note:
I’ll be honest, this recipe didn’t sound very tempting.  I’m not sure why.  But when we ate it we both LOVED it!  It has a great flavor and texture.  I love that it is so fast and easy, and it calls for ingredients that I pretty much always have on hand.  I also love that you can mix this up to work with what you have by changing the meat and the pasta.  This will be a great “go to” meal!  Thanks Bridget!  It was delicious!



No comments: