Monday, May 17, 2010

Heather’s Chinese Salad


HEATHER’S CHINESE SALAD

Salad:

Iceberg lettuce
Strawberries
Water chestnuts (sliced)
Mandarin Oranges
Wontons
Grilled Chicken (optional)
Cilantro and/or green onions

Dressing:
4 tsp rice vinegar
4 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
¼ c. oil
Poppy seeds (opt.)


Fry the wantons in oil until lightly browned. Break up pieces into triangles and arrange along the side of your serving bowl. Toss remaining ingredients together. Add dressing right before serving

Haylee’s Notes:
Do you sometimes feel like I should change the name of this blog to “Heather’s Food”? I feel like 90% of my recipe’s begin with “Heather.” Anyway, if it does start with Heather, you know its going to be good!! I love this salad because it is really easy to mix up, and you can change it up in so many ways. You can make this a main dish by adding the chicken or a side and without the chicken! Hope you enjoy it! We sure did!! Thanks again Heather!

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Yummy! It looks wonderful. I'm glad to see the whole recipe published. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog while wandering around the blog world today.

Very best,
Lois