Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rachel Ray’s Pesto Chicken



RACHEL RAY’S PESTO CHICKEN

Chicken breast
Pesto Sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Fresh tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper

Butterfly cut the chicken breast. Spread the insides with pesto sauce. Insert a large slice of mozzarella cheese in the breast. Close the breast and lay sliced tomatoes on top of each breast. Drizzle tomatoes and chicken with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Bake in oven at 350 for 1 hour.

Haylee’s Note:
AMAZING!!! One of our new favorites!! In fact I think I should make this again for dinner tonight!! You won’t believe how good this is! I saw Rachel Ray make this meal, however, I couldn’t find the recipe on line, so I just made up my own version. I assume it is pretty close. She made her own pesto sauce, and I just bought mine in a jar at the grocery store. So delicious!! “That’s what’s for dinner tonight!”

2 comments:

Erin said...

Haylee this looks AMAZING!! Definitely putting it on next week's menu. P.S. Your hair is so dang cute short, you look amazing, Matthew is a stud, and I miss seeing you guys!!

KYoho said...

that looks really good. On one of her shows last week she made a chicken florentine (butterflied chicken stuffed w/ frozen spinach and ricotta) and I might have to try that one too!