Monday, September 28, 2009

Hamburger Pot Pie (Shepherd’s Pie)



HAMBURGER POT PIE (SHEPHERD’S PIE)


Crust:
2 c. flour
1 tsp. onion salt
3/4 c. Crisco
3/4 c. cold water

Mix flour and onion salt. Cut in the Crisco. Slowly add in the cold water. Roll out dough and put on bottom. After adding the filling put more dough on top.

Filling:

Brown:

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. chopped onion

Add:
1 can green beans
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
1/8 tsp oregano
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can tomato soup

Roll out dough and put on bottom of a pie tin. After adding the filling put more crust on top and slit the tops. Bake at 400 for 25 min.

Haylee’s Note:
You can exchange the crust for mashed potatoes to make it a shepherd’s pie. To be honest, this is one of my least favorite meals I have ever made, but I am not a huge shepherd’s pie fan. I am putting this out there for any shepherd’s pie fans. Darin liked this meal, but I wouldn’t recommend it. You can decide.

No comments: