Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rhubarb Cobbler




RHUBARB COBBLER

9 c. rhubarb
3 tbsp. water
2 1/4 c. sugar

Cut the rhubarb into 1 inch pieces. Put the cobbler in a pan with the water and sugar. Heat until the juice begins to bubble around the rhubarb. In a separate bowl

Mix:
3/4 c. sugar
6 tbsp. cornstarch

Mix sugar and cornstarch with the juice from the rhubarb. Mix to make a paste then mix with the rhubarb. Boil mixture for 1 min then pour into a 13x9 pan. Dollop with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Crust:
2 c. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. shortening
1 scant cup of milk

Mix dry ingredients. Cut in shortening. Mix with milk to make a pie crust texture. Roll out dough and place on top of rhubarb mixture. Make slits in the top of the crust and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 400 for 30 min.

Haylee’s Note:
I am just realizing now (a week after making this) that I didn’t sprinkle the crust with cinnamon and sugar! I am so sad because I think that would be delicious!! I got this recipe from Darin’s mom who makes the best rhubarb cobbler in the world! I didn’t have 9 cups of rhubarb so I made mine a little smaller and it was still delicious!




2 comments:

Erin said...

You should check out sisterscafe.blogspot.com

I made their mixed berry coffee cake last night. It was rather delicious!

Katie said...

Haylee! I am so glad you have this blog and that you put the address on facebook the other day. I have been wanting to start collecting recipes lately. This is great.

Can you tell me how you got that picture up in your title of your blog page?