Sunday, May 3, 2009
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
14 ounces individually wrapped caramels
1 cup chopped pecans
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Melt the butter and combine with the vanilla wafer crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Place the evaporated milk in a 1-1/2 quart heavy saucepan, and melt the caramels in it over low heat. Heat and stir frequently until smooth. Pour mixture onto crust, and top with pecans.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla; beat well until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after adding each egg.
4. Melt the chocolate, and combine with the cream cheese mixture. Pour over the carmel pecan mixture in springform pan.
5. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes. Loosen cake from the edges of pan, but do not remove rim until cooled. Chill completely.
Darin made this for us last night. One word--AMAZING!!! The is honestly the best cheese cake I have EVER had!!! Mmmmm....maybe I should sneak into the kitchen for another piece! (Too bad I just taught a Relief Society lesson on physical health). I guess I will wait until tomorrow (aka 12:01 am)--if Matthew gets to eat shouldn't I too!!? Thanks Darin for a yummy treat! For the original recipe click here