Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shredded Beef Enchiladas



SHREDDED BEEF ENCHILADAS

1 onion diced
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp. butter
16 oz. tomato sauce
1 can green chili
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
Beef cooked and shredded
Cheese, grated
3/4 c. sour cream
Tortillas

Sauté onion and garlic in butter. Add seasonings and tomato sauce and boil for 30 min. Put shredded beef, cheese, and a sauce on tortillas and roll up. Add sour cream to remaining sauce and pour over enchiladas. Bake at 350 for 35 min. Take out pan and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and cook until cheese melts.

Haylee’s Note:
You can also use chicken or pork instead of beef. I like this recipe, but I wouldn’t say that I love it. I think that those enchilada packets taste more authentic than this sauce, but I still like this recipe. I need to find a better homemade enchilada sauce—so if you know of a great one, let me know!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

mmm those look yummy. I've actually been looking at your food blog for a while now. Good stuff!