Monday, May 25, 2009

Oven Roasted Chicken



OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN

3 lb. whole chicken
2 tbs. olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Take out inner parts of chicken. Rinse inside and out. Pat dry. Rub oil on chicken. Sprinkle with seasonings. Roast uncovered at 375 for 1 1/2 hours or until juices run clear.

Haylee’s Note:
I was surprised how easy this was! I have never done a chicken before, and it was really easy! The only bad part was taking in insides out. But I did it!! I’m just glad I wasn’t pregnant making this because I probably would have puked! I am going to try this again, and use the herb-roasted recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. They use basil, sage, thyme, and lemon pepper. Sounds pretty good! I also stuffed the inside of my chicken with some garlic and onions.

1 comment:

J♥M said...

Love your blog! I don't even know how I got to it, but anyway... great recipe! I have tried the herb roasted chicken recipe and we love love love it! I also use the drippings and make my own gravy for mashed potatoes. So good! Keep these recipe's coming! You're a fabulous cook!