Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Eggs


PEANUT BUTTER EGGS
2 c. peanut butter
2 cubes margarine
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Mix and add:
1 package graham crackers that have been mashed into a fine powder.

Form into egg shapes, dip in chocolate (I like it best in milk chocolate) and decorate with butter cream frosting.

Haylee’s Note:
I love these eggs. My mom got this recipe from Dixie. She would make peanut butter eggs and marshmallow eggs every year for Easter. I made some this year. Maybe next year I’ll try the marshmallow eggs. This recipe doesn’t have to be just for Easter. My cousin made this recipe into little balls, dipped them part way and called them “buckeyes.” Perfect for those Ohio State football games! Also, a friend of mine made these and just pressed the whole peanut butter mixture into a cookie sheet. Then she poured the chocolate on top and cut them into bars. Oh, also one more tip—when melting the chocolate my mom says its good to add a little vegetable oil when melting the chocolate.

No comments: