Monday, April 20, 2009

Channie’s Roast



CHANNIE’S ROAST

2 lb roast (approx)
1 large onion, chunked
1-2 stalks celery
4 + carrots
4-6 potatoes
Parsley
1 tsp garlic salt
Bay leaf
1 1/4 c. water + 1 tsp beef bouillon

Layer celery, some carrots, and some onions on bottom of crock pot. Next, place roast on top and add potatoes, carrots, etc. Put bay leaf on the side. Sprinkle on seasonings and then pour beef bouillon mixture over it. Cook for 6-7 hours on low or longer if your crock pot is slower.

Haylee’s Note:
I got this recipe from my friend Annie and her husband Chad (hence the Channie). I have always done my roast the exact same way that my mom did hers, and we wanted something a little different. This recipe wasn’t much different than my moms but we really liked it. I had never put bay leafs or celery in with my roast, but we really liked it! Also, we put more onions in (because we have a lot that we need to use before they go bad), and I didn’t put the potatoes in. I decided to do the potatoes on the side, mashed, and use the drippings to make gravy. It was excellent! Thanks Annie!!

No comments: