Sunday, August 24, 2008

Chimichangas


CHIMICHANGAS

2 1/2 lbs shredded roast
1 T shortening
2 onions
1 can green chilies
1/4 tsp. garlic
2 tbsp. flour
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c. cheese

Cook onions and green chilies in shortening. Add other ingredients and stir 1 min. Add juice from roast and cook 5 min. Mix with 1 1/2 c. cheese. Fill 12 tortillas. Fry in 1/2" oil for 2 min. Drain. Serve with shredded lettus, sour cream. salsa, olives, cilantro, and guacamole.

Haylee's Note:
I also like to add green bell peppers n with the onions. I also like to wait to add the cheese until after I have filled my tortillas, and just top it with the shredded cheese. Toothpicks help me hold it together while it is frying.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Haylee, you are amazing! I can't believe how talented you are. ALL of this look so great!