Friday, April 26, 2019

Ann’s Bread




ANN’S BREAD

2 Tbsp Yeast
½ c Warm water
1 tsp sugar
2/3 c oil
2/3 c honey (or brown sugar)
2 Tbsp salt
5 c hot water
10 c wheat flour
3 c white flour

Combine the yeast, warm water, and sugar and set aside.  In a mixing bowl, mix oil, salt, honey (or brown sugar), hot water, and 7 of the 10 cups of wheat flour.  After it is mixed, add the yeast mixture.  When that is combined and the other 3 cups of white flour and mix for 5 minutes.  Add the 3 cups of white flour and knead for 5 for minutes.  Mold into 4 bread pans and poke down edges.  Raise until double (about 1 hour).  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Haylee’s Note:
I have tried lots of wheat breads, that are all good, but I always come back to this one.  It is by far my favorite.  I got this recipe from my mom, and she got it from her friend, Ann.  I prefer the honey in the bread to the brown sugar, but the brown sugar   is still very good too.

No comments: