Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pecan Chicken with Blackberry Sauce




PECAN CHICKEN WITH BLACKBERRY SAUCE

CHICKEN:
4 chicken breasts
1/2 c. pecans
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 Tbsp. olive oil

In a processor mix the pecans, salt, bread crumbs, and pepper.  Dredge the chicken in the buttermilk then in the breading.  Fry the chicken in the olive oil until lightly brown on each side (about 3 minutes per side.  Move to a baking dish and bake at 300 for 1 hour.

SAUCE:
1/4 c. onion
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp sumbol
10 oz. blackberry preserves
1 c. chopped cilantro
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. whipping cream
1/8 tsp. tabasco
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. cornstarch

Dice onion and sauté in olive oil. Add remaining ingredients.  Simmer over medium heat.  Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with blackberries and cilantro.

Haylee’s Note:
My mom gave me this recipe 10 years ago, and this is the FIRST time I’ve ever made it.  We have a large blackberry bush, and I decided to give this a whirl.  I now realize I have wasted the past 10 years not making the best recipe EVER!  Honestly, this is probably in my top 10 favorite things I have ever made!  Darin said he could have easily eaten 5 chicken breasts!  We all LOVED it!  Give it a try—guaranteed success!

No comments: