Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Awesome Honey Pecan Pork Chops



AWESOME HONEY PECAN PORK CHOPS

1 1/4 pounds boneless pork loin, pounded thin
1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans

In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt and pepper. Dredge pork cutlets in the flour mixture. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chops, and brown both sides. Transfer to a warm plate. Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat through, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over cutlets.

Haylee’s Note:
My friend Betsy brought me this dinner right after Matthew was born and I couldn’t stop thinking about it for a year!! It was SOOO delicious!! So, I finally called her and got the recipe! Unfortunately, I made it while I still had morning sickness, so it didn’t taste quite the same, but Darin said it was still really good. We had it with mashed sweet potatoes and boiled swiss chard. For the original recipe click here.

No comments: