Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lemon Herb Chicken



LEMON HERB CHICKEN

1 stick margarine or butter
8 chicken breasts, skinned
Flour

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in the microwave in a medium sized mixing bow. Spoon of 2 tbsp. of butter and place in 9x13 baking dish. Dip each chicken breast in the remaining butter and then in four. Place the floured chicken in the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 30 min. while chicken is cooking make sauce>

LEMON HERB SAUCE

1/4 c. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp. rosemary-crushed
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 c. water
1-2 tbsp melted butter

Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl; mix well. After chicken has cooked 30 min. remove foil covering and pout the sauce over the chicken. Bake another 25 min. Serve over hot cooked rice

Haylee’s Note:
I really liked this recipe. I got it from Cherie Horsley who put it in our ward cook book. I did less chicken (because you don’t need 8 breasts for 2 people), but I still the same amount of sauce. I thought it was really good. I also made an extra lemon sauce for the rice. I pretty much used the same sauce but I added chicken broth and cornstarch. Enjoy!

No comments: