Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beef Stew


BEEF STEW

2 tbs. flour
1 1/2 c. water
2 beef bullion cubes
1 lb. beef stew meat
2 potatoes (pealed and cut in large bite pieces)
4 carrots (pealed and cut in large bite pieces)
2 onions chopped
1 can corn (drained)
1 can green beans (drained)
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 package beef gravy mix

Combine flour, water, and bullion cubes in crock pot. Add seasonings and vegetables. Cook in crock pot for 4-8 hours. Right before serving, mix in gravy mix. Serve warm.


Haylee’s Note:
I just made this recipe up. I think that there are probably better stew recipes out there, but I was really happy with the way it turned out for my first time making stew. I also just used cut up roast beef left over from Sunday dinner. You would probably want to cook your meat in olive oil before putting it in the crock pot if you are doing it fresh. My mom had beef stew every Monday growing up (using the leftovers from Sunday dinner) I think that is a great idea, because Darin and I always have lots of leftovers when we make a roast.

No comments: