Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pink Grapefruit Sorbet



PINK GRAPEFRUIT SORBET

2 c. sugar
2 c. water
1 1/2 c. fresh grapefruit juice
3 strips grapefruit zest.

Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes. (Make sure sugar completely dissolves). Add grapefruit juice and cool completely. Pour mixture into ice-cream machine for 20-30 min. Put in freezer for another 2 hours for firmer sorbet. Serve cold and garnish with fresh mint leaves.

Haylee’s Note:
I really liked this. I just got this recipe with my ice-cream machine. It is really sweet and really tart, but I liked it. I would be better on a warm day rather than a snowy day in APRIL! (can you believe this weather). I had never made sorbet before and I was surprised how easy it was. I also added 1-2 drops of food coloring to make it a little more pink.

No comments: