Thursday, April 30, 2009

Chicken Ole Casserole



CHICKEN OLE CASSEROLE


8 chicken breasts
Can cream of chicken soup
1 ½ can cream of mushroom
1 sautéed onion
Chicken dripping
14 corn tortillas
1 bottle salsa
1 lb. grated cheese

Bake the chicken covered for 1 hour at 350 then cut up. Mix cream of chicken soup, mushroom soup, sautéed onion, and chicken drippings. (This will be your sauce). Brush1/4 sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish. Cut 14 corn trtillas into strips. Layer with 7 tortillas, then 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 the bottle of salsa, ¼ of the sauce, 1/2 lb. grated cheese. Repeat layers and top with remaining sauce. Refrigerate 24 hours. Bake 1 hour 15 min. at 350.

Haylee’s Note:
This recipe is excellent! Another one from my mother, although I am not sure where she got this one. I made this recipe a little different, I halved the whole recipe except for the sauce, and I added more onions. We loved this dinner! Enjoy!

No comments: