Friday, March 20, 2009

Stuffed Green Peppers



STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS

4 green peppers.
1 lb ground beef
1 onion (diced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 c. cooked rice
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
Garlic salt
Onion powder
Seasoning salt
Pepper
1 can whole tomatoes
2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Brown beef and sauté onion and garlic. Add other seasonings and rice. In a food processer puree tomatoes and add Italian seasoning. Pour half of the sauce into the meat mixture. Cut the tops off of the green peppers. Pull out seeds. Blanch peppers in hot water. (I boiled mine for about 7 min.) Fill peppers with meat filling. Top peppers with tomato sauce. Bake in the oven at 350 for 1 hour.

Haylee’s Note:
I wanted something green for St. Patrick’s Day, and with my sister’s help, I came up with green peppers. I had never eaten or made these until tonight! I looked at a couple of recipes online and made up my own version! They were the best stuffed peppers I’ve ever had!! (and only ones) I will be making these again! Here is a picture of the peppers before the sauce.

No comments: